2022 is just around the corner, and that means a whole new crop of mobile games to enjoy! What will be the hot titles this year? Here are our picks for the best mobile games to play in 2022. Keep your phones at the ready – these games are sure to keep you entertained for hours on end!
Games that will be popular in 2022
- Among Us: Social deduction games are relatively new, but this one, in particular, has blown up in popularity. " among Us " is an online multiplayer game (which can be played with friends or strangers) that's all about trying to figure out the impostor before they manage to ruin your mission.
- PUBG Mobile: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is still one of the most popular mobile games today, even though it was released in 2017. Its Battle Royale format makes for exciting gameplay as up to 100 players compete against each other on a shrinking map.
- Genshin Impact: Genshin Impact was released in 2020 as a freemium action RPG. Developed by miHoYo, it has met widespread success and player recognition. The game itself is set within the magical world of Teyvat; you take control of one out of seven characters with the hopes of stopping an impending disaster from consuming everything.
- Roblox: Roblox, a game accessible to people of all ages, first came out in 2006 but is still played by millions today. With over 100 million monthly active users, Roblox has thousands of user-created experiences for players to choose from and 3D worlds to explore with friends online.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons: This life simulation game, released in 2020, has been an instant hit. You play as a human stranded on a deserted island, where you must collect items and build a home while making new animal friends.
- Brawl Stars: This fast-paced 3v3 MOBA game first came out in 2017 and is still going strong today. It's easy to pick up – but hard to master – and its dynamic battles will keep you hooked for hours on end.
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite: This augmented reality game was released in 2019 and has been growing in popularity ever since. You take on the role of a new wizard tasked with finding magical artifacts and creatures all around your city – so keep an eye out for wands, potions, and other hidden treasures!
- Call of Duty: Mobile: This first-person shooter, which came out in 2019, has garnered a lot of attention and become one of the most popular mobile games. It offers intense 5v5 multiplayer battles as well as solo and co-op missions – so there's something for everyone.
- Clash of Clans: The objective of this classic strategy game is to build an army, battle other players online, and create a powerful clan to conquer the land. Be prepared for some serious real-time action!
- Minecraft: Since this game first came out in 2011, it has been played by millions and continues to be one of the most popular games. In the game, you're free to explore randomly generated worlds, build anything you want with blocks, craft items, and mine resources – there are no limits to what you can do!
Games that will be released in 2022
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades: This RPG game is set in the world of The Elder Scrolls and will be released sometime in 2022. It features an epic single-player campaign, a town-building mode, and real-time combat – so get ready to explore this vast open world!
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: This MOBA game was first announced in 2019 and is due for release sometime in 2022. It's a mobile version of the original PC game, but with some changes to make it more accessible on smaller screens. Get ready to battle it out against players from all around the world!
- Fortnite Mobile: This sandbox survival game has been incredibly popular since its release in 2017 – and now it's coming to mobile. It will feature the same exciting gameplay as its PC and console versions, but now you can play it on the go.
- Super Mario Run: This classic game was first released in 2016 and is coming back with a brand-new mobile version. You'll be able to explore the Mushroom Kingdom, rescue Princess Peach, and collect coins – all while running non-stop!
- Call of Duty Warzone Mobile: This battle royale spinoff from the popular shooter franchise is coming to mobile in 2022. Players will compete against each other in massive 150-person battles across multiple maps – so get ready for some intense warfare!
- Sonic Forces: Speed Battle Mobile: This racing game was first released in 2017 and is now coming to mobile platforms. You'll be able to race against up to seven opponents at once across multiple maps, as well as take part in special events for extra rewards – so get ready for some fast-paced action!
- Pokémon Unite: This team-based strategy game from The Pokemon Company will be released sometime in 2022. You'll form a party with three other players and battle against wild Pokémon and rival teams using your favorite Pocket Monsters – it's sure to be exciting!
- Plants vs Zombies 3: This classic tower defense game is getting a sequel – and it's coming to mobile devices in 2022. It will feature the same strategic plant-vs-zombie battles, but now you can play with friends for even more fun.
- Crash Bandicoot: On the Run!: This endless runner game from Activision was first released in 2020 and is now coming to mobile devices. You'll be able to explore a variety of levels, take on boss fights, and complete challenges – so get ready for some wild and wacky action!
- King of Fighters All Star: This fighting game from SNK will be released sometime in 2022. It features 3D graphics and classic characters from the series, as well as team battles, special moves, and collectible cards – so get ready for some intense combat!